Wednesday 6 June 2012

Naruto Chapter 575 – Stone Will - Review / Thoughts

Wow, I commented in my previous review about the potential for Naruto chapter 575, but I never expected things to be this good, particularly with the welcome return of the battle between the 5 Kage vs Madara.

I often go over what actually happens in the chapter, but I am not going to. I am so genuinely hyped over the content in this I am instead going to just talk about why it’s so great.

Firstly, after last week I was expecting the chapter to remain focused on Sasuke and Itachi for the most part, but that wasn’t the case. It was a pleasant surprise as instead we were treated to the 5 Kage’s battle with Madara being resumed. Madara rightfully came across as a total badass as we find out that he was mixed with the first Hokage Hashirama, and then Madara starts pulling out the amazing Mokuton techniques he gained from it, causing massive panic amongst the Kage.

The chapter definitely did a lot to hype Hashirama as Kabuto claimed there is nobody else like him anymore, and even spoke about how he was so strong a lot of people considered him to be no more than a myth just like Rikudo Sennin.

It actually says a lot because as feared as Madara is / was, I got the impression Kabuto was basically sure that Hashirama was in a league of his own to the extent he could be the most powerful character aside from Rikudo. But anyway, with them both combined the power Edo Madara has is immeasurable and as far as I can tell should be invincible. Madara basically smashed through the Kage with no problem, with them only really being saved by the Tsuchikage’s effort (who we got a little bit of backstory for).

Considering all of this was referred to as Orochimaru’s experiments (and being more complete than Danzo’s was) it speaks volumes of just how much planning and influence Orochimaru is having even to this day. If we end up seeing him again in some form before the series ends I won’t be surprised, and to be honest if he did return somehow he would be an excellent final villain.

But then, right at the end we get to see Sasuke again……AND HE COMES ACROSS ITACHI!!
Sorry about that, but it is genuinely one of the most epic things I have seen in the Manga. Everything about it was done perfectly, and considering it is only from a few panels, that’s amazing. I honestly had chills just reading it / seeing it, never before have I felt that way when reading Naruto. The way it was done was just great, Sasuke was just heading towards the battlefield, but as he started running through some woods something caught his attention. This was the panel that made it for me, because there was such a look of shock and disbelief on his face as if he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He looks up to see Itachi in the tree above him and just really can’t believe his eyes, but then unfortunately the chapter ends.

This is what I have been hoping for for as long as I can remember, it’s what pretty much every fan of Sasuke has wanted ever since hearing the truth of the Uchiha. The fact Kishimoto is giving the fans this meeting makes me incredibly happy and excited, I get the feeling that Sasuke may not act as expected judging from his reaction. Itachi himself doesn’t seem to notice Sasuke underneath him, but with Sasuke seeing him you know something big is going to happen. A lot of people predict a big fight between the two, but I don’t think that will happen now, but there will be a lot of talking and discussion between the two of them.

The potential for what can happen is unbelievable and should be pretty much impossible to mess up, whatever Kishi has planned should be amazing. The last few chapters have been brilliant and the ones to come should be even better. I can’t stress enough that as of now Naruto is truly essential reading, whether you like(d) Naruto for the Uchiha story or for just badass fights, there is definitely plenty for fans of either to enjoy now and is more than worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment