Wednesday 6 June 2012

Bleach Chapter 495 - Bleeding Guitar Blues - Review / Thoughts

Initially I was unsure of what to think about Bleach chapter 495, but after going back through it, I realised how awesome a lot of it was. The captains mean business and came across great, plus it sets up well for some fantastic battles between Shinigami and Quincy.

It's surprising how quickly my opinion has changed on whether the Shinigami have any hope of beating the Quincy as well. Before now I have commented on how I just can't see them winning, but after reading this chapter, Kubo has honestly made me believe they could actually do it.

It's not that they pulled of something spectacular or showed anything new, but the Shinigami themselves seem to be pretty sure of themselves, and Kubo did a good job of making each and every captain have the aura of a badass. Even aside from the awesome panel with Byakuya telling Renji that he shouldn't hold back, guys like Komamura (and Rose especially), weren't taking any crap from the Stern Ritter.

They just seemed to have somewhat of an air of confidence around them, and from that alone it has completely opened me up to the idea of the Shinigami being far stronger than previously thought, plus having a real chance of winning. Rose was an absolute badass and so awesome in this chapter too. I have never had a strong opinion of him either way, but I won't deny that he had the joint best part of this chapter, heck, maybe the best.

Him and Byakuya both got to be really cool with their little speeches, and I honestly can't wait to see Rose kick some ass, and also hopefully see just how much Renji has improved since the Aizen arc. Actually, truth be told I am extremely excited to see how much stronger a lot of the captains have become, and of course that includes seeing some new Bankais as well!

The sheer awesomeness of Rose and Byakuya alone is enough to make me like this chapter in all honesty, and the fact it has already set up a clash between members of the Gotei 13 and the Stern Ritter leaves me incredibly excited at the mere prospect. Overall this was just slightly worse than the past couple of chapters, but all round still very good and one you should definitely check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment