Wednesday 13 June 2012

Bleach Chapter 496 - Kill The Shadow - Review / Thoughts

Bleach chapter 496 is out nice and early today, and after the recent chapters being so good this is of course good news. However, for one of the only times during this arc, I felt the chapter was somewhat of a letdown.

It just seemed to rush by in no time, no sooner had I started than it came to an end. Of course technically it was the same length as any other week, but I just went through the pages really quick hoping something would happen, but sadly very little did. The recent weeks have all had excellent chapters, but this one was definitely lacking in terms of awesome or shocking moments.

I won't deny that the Bankai of the captains being stolen was pretty cool, but that aside there really isn't anything to talk about either in regards to content or something that I particularly enjoyed. As I said, the Bankai thing was pretty good, and I did enjoy the panel with the pic I used above, but as a whole I just don't think the chapter was anything special, and in fact was pretty average.

With that said though, next week could well be very good as the captains try and figure out what to do without their Bankai. Also, Kubo has been churning out excellent chapter after excellent chapter of late, so I can more than forgive the odd chapter like this, and heck, it's still average even now, certainly not bad.

As a whole then I will wrap this review up by saying it's a pretty average chapter, but one you should still read since it is pretty much setting up for next week which could well be another brilliant chapter for Kubo.

No comments:

Post a Comment