Wednesday 6 June 2012

Naruto Chapter 567 – The Jinchuriki of Konoha Review / Thoughts

Last week we were given a brilliant end to the chapter that promised us an awful lot, and although not perfect (but then again when is anything perfect?) I feel the latest chapter did not disappoint.
As you can see from that lovely picture above, Sasuke was in this chapter, albeit only briefly. That said, I was just glad to see him again and also that he was what the chapter started with so recieved the colour page treatment.

Anyway, aside from Sasuke, we go back to Tobi and his Edo Jinchuriki vs Naruto, Bee, Kakashi and Guy. One of the things that disappointed me slightly with this chapter is that instead of facing Tobi, Guy and Kakashi instead only helped fight the Jinchuriki. While normally this wouldn’t be a bad thing, I can’t help but think it’s a waste of Tobi who for the most part stands still and doesn’t get involved. It was interesting to see one of the tailed beasts turn against Tobi, though he could easily stop it and not recieve any damage, with the Tailed Beasts apparently disliking the fact one of their own kind were suffering, at least that’s what the 8 tails claimed.

While it was nice enough seeing Bee, Naruto, Guy and Kakashi against the Jinchuriki, I was ideally hoping to see Tobi fight properly for the first time in his current form. However, with Sasuke’s appearance and Tobi’s lack of action, it does make me think that my earlier prediction in my last post about Sasuke soon facing Tobi will be correct, and that in itself will be fantastic.

Don’t get me wrong though, while it’s true most of this post has been pointing out the negatives, there were also positives too and the Jinchuriki fights were good in their own right, I guess I was just expecting a different kind of chapter than what Kishi had in mind.

Overall it was a fine chapter packed with action, and the end was done nicely in that it hints we may see either the Kyuubi cooperating fully with Naruto at last, or else we will finally find out what “that” jutsu is referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment