Wednesday 11 July 2012

Bleach Chapter 500 - Rescuer in The Deep Dark - Review / Thoughts

So here it is, Bleach has finally reached the 500 chapter milestone! Bleach and Tite Kubo have taken some flack before for various reasons, but the series now can't be faulted at all, while Kubo is showing just how excellent Bleach can be with this fantastic arc.

So yes, Bleach is now at 500 chapters, and chapter 500 itself was another fine chapter from what has been an excellent arc. Things have really gone crazy, and this week was no exception. Jidanbou was raging for unknown reasons, Ichigo was desperately trying to escape the prison he was put in, and Kirge gets sliced in half by some unknown person!

I don't know who it is obviously, but Urahara seemed genuinely shocked by whoever it is, and that itself is not only a rarity but is also worrying. This being Urahara I have faith that even if it turns out to be an enemy, he will probably escape with his life, but I would be absolutely gutted if anything bad did end up happening to Urahara.

The two names that I keep seeing mentioned are Grimmjow and Aizen, but of course that's just pure fan speculation. I can't honestly see it being Grimmjow, as there's no way Urahara would have such a reaction unless he had improved/changed significantly since the last time we saw him. Aizen would definitely warrant such a reaction, but in my opinion it won't be him either. While I do definitely think Aizen will make a return, it's probably still too early for him to make an appearance yet, so I wouldn't bet on it being him either.

This chapter certainly threw up some interesting questions, and nobody bar Kubo himself has any idea what the answers will be. What I can say for sure though is that it made for a very enjoyable chapter, and as this is such a landmark I am really pleased for Kubo and for Bleach as a whole. There are a lot of mysteries in this arc, and Kubo has done a fantastic job of keeping things both exciting and interesting.

This was yet another excellent chapter from this excellent arc, and I have to say that if this does ever get animated in some way, I think the quality will easily win over all the people who doubted Bleach and Kubo after the Fullbring arc.

No comments:

Post a Comment