Friday 11 May 2012

Naruto Shippuden Episode 262 - War Begins! - Review / Thoughts

A slightly late review of Shippuden episode 262, but oh well, better late than never I suppose!

I am happy to say that following on from last week, this was another good episode and a fine way to start the war arc. It's actually been a while since I read these chapters in the Manga, so it does feel pretty fresh to me which is nice. I also always had a feeling that the Anime could end up being more enjoyable than the Manga, and from what I do remember, so far this has been the case (well in my personal view anyway).

I like that these past couple of episodes have done a good job on capturing some of the feelings of a war, with everyone being forced to take everything seriously, and with the villains being willing to use any means necessary to win, including the dirty tactic of using former allies and / or relations against each other. I am really glad to see Sasori back actually, he is definitely one of my favourite characters introduced in Shippuden, and so this is a nice chance for him to get some more of the spotlight for a while.

Him and Deidara, despite their artistic differences, actually make a pretty good team. Deidara's clay bombs are a great weapon, and I loved the way Sasori was controlling live people using his puppet strings to make them attack their own comrades. Also with them of course was Sai's brother - Shin. We know little about him, but it does look like in the next episode we will get some backstory on both him and Sai which I am looking forward to, especially as Sai has unfortunately taken a backseat throughout most of the story.

The war is going to be extremely difficult both physically and emotionally for members of the Shinobi Alliance, and Sai being made to face his brother is surely only the beginning. The dead vs the living in a war that will decide the fate of everyone was always going to be interesting, and thus far that's what it has been.

This episode set things up nicely and helped set the tone for what the war is going to be like, and along with some great music choices, it was also paced well and did just enough not to frustrate people with a lack of action, while at the same time leaving you desperate for the next episode to see just what happens next.

One last thing I want to suggest is that you don't watch the episode preview, as it's easy to see an annoying spoiler in it, so definitely avoid watching that if you haven't already read the Manga. But yes, overall a great episode, and I am definitely looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment